In the next years, Flying Fish will continue the development of efficient electric powertrains and hydrofoil systems to enable a zero-emission maritime industry. We are looking for an engineer with experience in the development, prototyping and testing of electrical systems from a few watts to a few hundred kilowatts. You will be given responsibility over the engineering and testing of electric systems in different R & D projects. In these projects, you work in close collaboration with our creative and young team of engineers.
You will perform engineering, prototyping, and system testing. Your main focus will be to design and build electric powertrains and to develop more general electronic systems, such as power distribution systems for hydrofoil control modules.
Your responsibilities consist of:
- Proposing electrical system architectures-, if necessary, with a control software architecture.
- Designing the electrical systems up to a detailed level, including mechanical aspects of the electrical systems, such as cabling and manufacturing.
- Analyzing the performance of the electrical systems in terms of aspects such as electrical efficiency, safety risks, transient effects, and electromagnetic interference.
- Prototyping, assembling, and testing the electrical systems with the project team.
- Documenting your work using design documents, CAD models, and test reports.
WHO ARE YOU?
We believe great engineers can be found in many shapes and sizes.
The qualities below give a direction for the profile we are looking for.
- Experience in designing and integrating power electronics
- Engineering background (electrical, mechanical, computer science, aerospace etc.
- Two or more years of working experience
- Proficient in English, speaking Dutch is a plus
- Familiarity with the following items is a plus:
o Electrical drivetrain engineering
o PCB design
o CAD design
o Embedded programming
o Vehicle communication busses, such as CANbus
o Systems engineering methods
- Your attitude:
o Proactively taking ownership
o Practical mindset for problem solving
WHO ARE WE?
Flying Fish is a scale-up company with a multidisciplinary, tech-oriented team of over 15 motivated people, mainly from TU Delft. We work on sustainable solutions for a green maritime future. We focus on hydrofoil systems engineering, electric powertrains, and digitalization for ships. At Flying Fish, we value people who are curious, proactive, and motivated to build a better future. Flying Fish is situated in the historical city centre of Delft, Netherlands.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Flying Fish provides an exciting job on the forefront of maritime innovations within a team of young and highly motivated engineers. As a company, we encourage you to explore your individual passions by supporting free-form lunch presentations, and through our monthly “Friday afternoon projects”, during which you may work on any project you consider relevant and interesting. We provide flexible work hours, high autonomy, and room for taking initiative.
If you are interested in joining our team, please get in touch with Gijsbert van Marrewijk via firstname.lastname@example.org and send your CV and motivation letter.